This covenant is a commitment in how we should seek to live together as a committed community of believers.
As members of High Road Baptist Church and having been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus, we now, in dependence upon his Spirit, renew our covenant with each other.
– We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit through the bonds of peace. (Ephesians 4v3)
– We will be devoted to one another in family love. With humility and gentleness we will patiently bear with each other our joys, our burdens, and our sorrows. We will forgive each other as Christ has forgiven us, encourage each other by building up one another, and sensitively and lovingly correcting each other whenever necessary. (Ephesians 4v2 4v32; Romans 12v10; Colossians 3v13; 1 Peter 1v22; 2 Timothy 4v2, 1 Thessalonians 5v11)
– We will make every effort to remain united as a church as those whom Christ has reconciled, obeying our leaders, submitting to their authority so that their work will be a joy (Ephesians 4v3).
– We will not neglect to meet together in fellowship and worship or to pray for ourselves and each other (Acts 2v42-47; Hebrews 10v25; Colossians 4v2; Ephesians 6v18-19)
– We will seek to bring up our children and young people who are in our care in the knowledge of God through teaching of his word, by praying for them, and by a loving example to seek the salvation of our family, friends and neighbours. (Ephesians 6v4; Mark 10v13-16)
– We will welcome people into our gatherings and into our lives as we practice hospitality (Hebrews 3v2; 1 Peter 4v19; 3 John 8)
– We will seek to live carefully in our world and strive to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives. Saying “no” to ungodliness and worldly passions, remembering that we are called to display God’s glory together as we wait for the return of our great Saviour Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5v15; Titus 2v11-14; 1 Peter 1v14-15 2v20)
– We will defend and maintain a Bible-based and Christ-centered ministry in the church by supporting and upholding the preaching of the word of God, the administration of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper and the excersising of Biblical church discipline. (2 Timothy 1v13-14; 2v12; 4v15)
– We will contribute cheerfully, generously, and regularly to the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations. (2 Corinthians 8v1-15; 9v6-14; Proverbs 22v9; Luke 11v41; 1 Timothy 6v18)
– We will serve one another in humility according to the church’s needs and our abilities (Romans 12v4-8)
– We will commit ourselves to being ambassadors for the kingdom of God in our community and city through the proclamation of the gospel and love towards all people from conception to natural death. (Matthew 28v18-20; Mark 12v31; Galatians 6v10)
– We will, if we ever move away from this place, seek to and unite with another church as soon as possible where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and principles of God’s word. (Acts 2v42; 1 John 1v17)
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellow of the Holy Spirit be with us all ever more Amen.